Spring Pest Control
Want to spring pest control your home? We’re all for our awesome homeowners lending a hand in our pest push-back. A punch-list is always handy when you’re running through the spring checklist – feel free to use Hope Pest Control:
The key here is to eliminate sources of food that attract pests such as ants and stored product pests.
• Do a quick clean-up and give the stove and cabinets a swipe for good measure
• Be sure to store leftovers in sealed, air-tight containers.
• Check through your fridge and pantry and toss out any expired food or condiments
• Sweep or vacuum up the floor and make sure to scoop up any crumbs
The key to a spring pest control for your bath is to eliminate sources of water that sustain interior infestations of pests such as roaches and silverfish.
• Take a look under the sink and around the toilet for leaks or moisture. Fix any problems ASAP.
• Make sure the caulking around your tub, shower and sink is still in good shape, re-caulk any areas that need some TLC.
The key to spring pest control is to seal and secure in order to reduce sources of shelter that pests such as spiders and mice seek.
• Store household items in plastic bins with tight-fitting lids.
• Find and seal any entry points, like cracks or holes, with caulk.
• Install door sweeps to seal the bottom of your basement door as an extra pest barrier.
Outside At Last:
The key to your outdoor spring pest control is to remove entry points to your home, eliminating the enticements of food, water and shelter that draw all types of pests inside.
• Cut back vegetation in contact with your house, such as tree branches, to make sure that pests don’t have a highway to the roof (and attic).
• Clear any leaves or debris from your gutters and rain spouts to ensure that water drains freely.
• Repair any ripped screens and check the windows for a good seal.
• Remove any standing water in your yard and take the time to clean water containers, like pet bowls, bird baths and fire pits.
• Move the wood piles, which can become nests for rodents and food for termites, away from the house.
Good spring pest control is the first step towards a healthy house for the rest of the year in California. But pests can be quite determined to enjoy your home anyway. No worries, Hope Pest Control is here to help!