Bug Control Santa Paula
How do you keep bugs, insects, spiders and all other four legged pest at of your home?
If you are like most households in Santa Paula, a single cockroach in your home would cause you to pull out a can of bug spray or call a pest control professional like Hope Pest Control. But instead of waiting to go on the defense against an insect, spider or a bug that has entered your home, take the offense by implementing 8 steps to having bug control.
Bug Control Santa Paula Tips
1. The fewer bugs you have feeding, harboring, or breeding outside your home, the fewer issues you will have inside.
2. Eliminating conditions in your home that appeal to bugs will help reduce the attraction that brings them in and prevent damage in your home.
3. Trim back any tree branches or shrubbery that touch your home to eliminate pest “bridges” to the house.
4. Because bugs can wiggle through tiny cracks and gaps, inspect and repair any warped or broken doors and windows, and those that simply don’t fit well; repair rips or tears in screens. Use screen meshes size of at least 200 holes per square inch; these are generally available at home depot.
5. Inspect the entire exterior of your home for other cracks, crevices, and gaps through which bugs could enter. Check for foundation cracks, loose siding, missing roof shingles, and gaps around incoming utility lines, including pipes, electric and cable wiring. Seal any openings with copper mesh, coarse steel wool, sheet metal or mortar.
6. Keep yards, patios, decks, and garages free of litter, weeds, and standing water. Ensure trash cans have tight-fitting lids and clean the cans and area regularly to remove debris and spills, on which bugs can feed.
7. If opened bags and boxes cannot be completely closed, the food should be put into a resealable bag or plastic containers.
8. The cleaner your home, the less attraction it will have for bugs, the less chance a pest will have to live and breed – and the less likely it will be that you would need to go on the defense and pull out a can of bug spray or call a the professionals at Hope Pest Control.
Hope Pest Control is a Bug Control Santa Paula Professional
While there are a lot of things you can do to try and prevent bug control around your home, sometimes you just need to bring in the pros. Whether you choose to do it all on your own or hire a Hope Pest Control, though, keep these tips in mind to take control of your home again and have a more bug-free home!Tags: Ants, Bug Control Santa Paula, Hope Pest Control, Spiders